Protein Powder Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Prep 20 min, Wait 2 hours, Cook 15 min
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 1 1/2 cups (255g) chocolate chips or chunks (semi-sweet or milk)
- Coarse sea salt (optional)
1. Place softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Add granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
2. Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and Mighty Cricket Powder. Mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together, scraping the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in chocolate chips.
3. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
5. Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
Inspiration for Protein Powder Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
What better way to introduce friends and family to cricket protein powder than with cookies? When I make this decadent chocolate chip cookies recipe, even the most squeamish of first-time bug eaters can’t resist the ooey gooey deliciousness of these cookies.
I’ve handed out these cookies to thousands of people (making sure to warn people about the crustacean shellfish allergen). The consensus is that Mighty Cricket Protein Powder actually enhances the cookies’ flavor by adding a slight nuttiness. Make these and they will be gone in a flash!
About the Creator
Sarah Schlafly is the founder of Mighty Cricket. Her passion lies in making healthy meals delicious, convenient, sustainable, and affordable. She is eager to chat about food with you and connect on LinkedIn.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Get your money back if you aren’t 100% happy with the purchase—including shipping.
Buy your Mighty Cricket before we run out again
Out of stock
What They’re Chirping
Find us on amazon
Enjoy free shipping + free returns, use your prime membership, watch our reviews and more.