Bacon Walnut Brownies Recipe (gluten-free, protein powder)
16 2″x2″ Square
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup reserved bacon drippings
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sour cherries (optional)
- pomegranate seeds (optional for garnishing)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease an 8×8 square baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, add melted butter, pure vanilla extract, granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until fully combined.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. In a medium-sized bowl combine gluten-free flour, cricket flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it), cocoa powder, and baking soda. Whisk together.
5. Slowly add the gluten-free flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined and smooth. Stir in pecans and cherries.
6. Pour the brownie batter into the baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The sides of the brownies will start to pull away from the pan.
7. Remove brownies and allow to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
Inspiration for Bacon Walnut Brownie Recipe: