Carrot Zucchini Muffins (Gluten Free, Low Sugar) Recipe
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup Mighty Cricket Protein Powder (Unflavored)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 1/4 cup zucchini, finely shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, combine both flours, protein powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, honey and vanilla extract. Stir in carrot and zucchini.
4. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups. Add about 1/4 cup batter to each cup. Bake for 15 minutes or until middle is just set.
6. Remove from oven slightly before done and let cool a few minutes in muffin tin – muffins will continue to cook in hot pan.
7. Once muffins have firmed, remove and place on cooling rack to finish cooling. Store in air tight container or freeze.
About Carrot Zucchini Muffins (Gluten Free, Low Sugar) Recipe:
With over 5 grams of protein per muffin and just 4 grams of added sugar (from honey), this high protein carrot zucchini muffin recipe provides a filling breakfast or snack that will keep you full longer.
This recipe is easy to experiment with the flours. If you want to avoid almond flour, try swapping with whole wheat or pastry flour. Experiment replacing brown rice flour with cornmeal. Or substitute all flours for all-purpose flour. Make baking easy by using whatever you have on hand.
About the Creator
Sarah Schlafly is the founder of Mighty Cricket. Her passion lies in making healthy meals delicious, convenient, sustainable, and affordable. She is eager to chat about food with you and connect on LinkedIn.